Additional Giving Options
SCB’s Return to Earth Legacy program:
Please consider including SCB in your estate planning and ensure that your commitment to conservation science will be a part of your legacy. The Return to Earth legacy program makes including SCB in your estate planning simple. Your options for giving are flexible: leave a set amount or a percentage of your estate (specific bequest), stocks, IRAs or 401K plans, or with the assistance of your financial advisor you can arrange to leave a charitable remainder. Contact our Development Coordinator Lauren Bailey (email@example.com; 202-234-4133 x7100) to ask questions or discuss your options.
- Consider naming SCB as a beneficiary of your pension plan, IRA or retirement plan.
- If you have a life insurance policy that is no longer needed for its original purpose, you can use it to support SCB. You may be able to take a tax deduction for its value.
- A donation of appreciated securities to SCB allows you to avoid capital gains tax, while receiving a full income tax deduction.
- A bequest, a provision in your will from your estate, allows you to extend your life interest and influence in conservation science well into the future.
- Our corporate partners help advance SCB’s work by supporting our Section meetings and international Congresses. They also work actively to share ideas for restoring and preserving our world’s natural resources.
Special Individual Contributions
- Friends of SCB are special supporters whose commitment helps SCB scientists advance sound science now and in the future. Non-scientists and non-members alike can help make a difference with their generosity.
- With a memorial gift, family and friends can honor a loved one in a meaningful way.
- Workplace giving campaigns allow supporters to give through payroll deductions. For workplace giving campaigns, write in "Society for Conservation Biology"
- Some employers make matching gifts. Your employer may match all or a portion of your gift to SCB. Check with your human resources or benefits office for your company's policy.
For additional information about these giving opportunities, please contact Lauren Bailey at +1-202-234-4133 ext.7100 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) is a non-profit organization (Taxpayer ID #33-0147824) with tax-exempt status granted under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. There are a number of tax-advantaged giving opportunities available that enable you to help SCB while maximizing the deductions available to you for your contribution. Please consult your tax advisor.