Social Media Ad Hoc Committee
Mandate: To foster, encourage and support a vibrant, responsible and professional culture of social media in the Society. The goal of this online presence is to:
1. Engage with, grow and diversify the Society’s membership through interactive platforms;
2. Facilitate conversation among Society members and conservation professionals around the world;
3. Advance the global practice of conservation to create positive impacts and outcomes.
|Nate Spillman||Staff Liaison/Member|
About the Co-Chairs
Carina is from Australia and is on the board of the Oceania Section of SCB. She studies the social and institutional dimensions of environmental change with a focus on biodiversity conservation and climate change.
- Current - Post Doctoral Researcher, Universtiy of Montana
- Ph.D. Interdisciplinary Environmental Studies, Australian National University
- B.A. Development Studies, Australian National University
Emily is from Canada and is a 2013 Smith Fellow. She studies the effects of climate change on marine biodiversity and is interested in strategic action for coral reef conservation.
- Current - David H. Smith Conservation Conservation Research Fellow, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- Ph.D. Marine Conservation, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- B.Sc., Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Queens University, Canada