The objectives of the Young Women Conservation Biologist committee are:
- Target schools and other fora to promote conservation biology as an exciting and important discipline with a special niche for talented women.
- Developing criteria and nomination forms for small awards for emerging women professionals.
- Securing funding to develop an incentives framework for women in conservation biology.
- Publication of profiles of women conservation biologists in local and regional media.
- Identification of postgraduate scholarship opportunities targeted at African women conservation scientists.