SCB Webinars is a series of live events that feature leading voices in conservation who present critical research and discuss the latest topics in conservation.
Have a suggestion for a webinar topic or a referral for a potential presenter? Fill out this form! We seek a diverse range of presenters and topics and are fully focused on delivering content that provides value to our audiences from around the world.
Our webinars may focus on the following themes:
- Professional development webinars, on topics like careers in conservation biology, how to submit a successful abstract, etc. that provides professional development resources to our members.
- Research related webinars, that allows a member to share their research and methods with our wider membership.
- Section, Working Group or Chapter webinars that enable SCB groups to share any ongoing projects, conferences, awards, work, etc. with our membership and encourage interested parties to get involved in their work.
We would like to offer our apologies for the technical issues that crashed our first live webinar on February 3, 2021, featuring Dr. Daniel T. Blumstein’s talk “Conservation Behavior: A Fearful Perspective.” Thankfully, we can share with you a link to an excellent talk he gave on this same topic.
Future webinar topics will cover:
- 'COVID-19 highlights the need for more effective wildlife trade legislation' presented by Amaël Borzée, Kit Magellan, Colin Thomas Strine, Ben Marshall and Lindsay Porter. March 3, 2021.
- 'Sharing your science with the world – intro to public engagement with research' presented by Joanna Bagniewska. April 6, 2021.
All of our past webinars are also available on our Vimeo page:
- Taking advantage of the 'omics' revolution for monitoring and conservation of wildlife populations with Shaili Johri
- Learn about the Latin America and Caribbean Section
- Landscapes and those who inhabit them - and overview of IFAW's work within the Southern African Region
- Using marketing and outreach strategies to achieve conservation goals with Brooke Tully
- The uncertain future of protected lands and waters with Michael Mascia
- The one plan approach: The what, why and how of effective, integrated species conservation planning with Kathy Traylor-Holzer and Phil Miller
- A wild solution to climate change with Thomas Lovejoy