SCB Organizational Members are non-profit businesses, such as non-governmental environmental organizations, universities and colleges, zoos and aquariums, and government agencies that include conservation or science as part of their mission statement or work.
Organizational Memberships offer organizations and commercial businesses the unique opportunity to work with SCB's 4,000 members, which include scientists, researchers, practitioners, policy makers, educators and students, to conserve Earth's biological diversity. Organizational Members will also have the opportunity to interact and collaborate on programs and initiatives with SCB's seven regional Sections, seven topical Working Groups, 37 local Chapters and 12 committees.
Prospective organizational members must complete this application to receive approval to join the Society. All applications will receive a decision within two-to-three weeks of submission.
Dues are determined by your annual gross budget (in USD equivalent).
|Organizational Membership||Dues (USD)|
|Annual Gross Income (USD Equivalent)||1 Year||2 Years||3 Years|
|< $1 Million annual budget||$300||$580||$860|
|$1 - < $3 Million annual budget||$500||$980||$1,460|
|$3 - < $6 Million annual budget||$1,000||$1,980||$2,060|
|$6 - < $10 Million annual budget||$3,000||$5,080||$8,060|
|> $10 Million annual budget||$5,000||$9,080||$14,060|
SCB members play a critical role in advancing the science and practice of conserving Earth's biological diversity. From conference exhibition discounts to global collaboration opportunities, SCB Organizational Members enjoy an extensive list of other membership benefits. The following is a list of benefits available to Organizational Members of SCB:
- Receive significant discounts to sponsor, exhibit, and advertise at SCB's International Congress for Conservation Biology (ICCB).
- Ten employees may receive a discount to become an individual member of SCB.
- Receive a discount to post positions in the SCB Career Center.
- Promote your affiliation with SCB by adding your logo to the SCB website, Annual Report, and Newsletter; SCB Organizational Member certificate, door decals, and the SCB logo to post on your website.
- Maximize collaborations by joining with SCB Sections, Working Groups, Chapters and Committees to pursue programs and initiatives.
- Opportunity to share information about your mission, conservation-related activities, and work on the SCB Expertise Database and opportunity to be featured on SCB social media.
- Eligible to cast one vote as an organization in SCB board elections and issues and initiatives that impact SCB.
- Access to SCB's monthly newsletter for the latest news and opportunities from SCB and the conservation industry.
- Access to SCB's quarterly public online news magazine (coming soon!).
- Belong to a Society that serves in vital regional, national, and international conservation policy forums and treaties.