Subject: New Online Offerings in Conservation Conflict Transformation
COVID-19 is presenting unprecedented challenges to our global society and to the capacity of communities and wildlife to thrive. Widespread, heightened stress, anxiety and change are happening at an alarming rate. Such tensions can deeply erode individual and community capacity to constructively solve problems, transform conflict, and coexist peacefully – with other people and with wildlife. But these moments of crises can also be opportunities to spur innovation as we realize the power of our shared humanity and the fragility of our shared vulnerability.
More than ever, individuals, teams, and organizations need strategic support to ensure your needs are met and your capacity to engage constructively in conservation conflicts is high. We, at the Center for Conservation Peacebuilding (CPeace), are here to support you as you navigate this new environment and the new challenges you will face through Conservation Conflict Transformation (CCT), a positive process by which complex, multilayered conflicts are transformed into opportunities to both engage in the presenting problem and meet deeper needs. We are expanding our existing CCT web-based services to meet your current needs and the needs of people and wildlife globally. We are also including both free and reduced-cost options for those facing financial hardships right now.
Public sessions will be announced via social media and our electronic mailing list. For private sessions, please contact us directly so we can custom-design our services to match your group's needs. Most sessions will be conducted via Zoom and will have limited space available. Note: Public sessions typically sell out quickly.
- 1-2 hour introductory session on the fundamentals of CCT. Are you and your team new to CCT and wondering what this approach is and how this approach can help you in your work? Are you already practicing CCT but your team is wondering what this approach is all about? Are you not yet sure if this is the right strategy for you? These introductory sessions are a great way to build awareness and help you with your future decision-making!
- Type: Public and private available. Fee, reduced-cost and free sessions available.
- CCT Capacity and Strategy Sessions. Custom-designed work sessions to build your team’s capacity in CCT and provide strategic guidance to you, your team, and your project. These may range from a single 3-4 hour session to a series of sessions over several weeks. Do you already know you and your team need CCT capacity and guidance to make progress in your shared efforts toward coexistence or to turn a crisis into an opportunity for shared wins? Do you want to get your team aligned and working toward a cohesive, effective strategy for progress? This is the option for you!
- Type: Private, fee sessions only.
- Integrating CCT during a time of Crisis. How do you engage right now, during this crisis, to bridge the divide, improve intra-group and inter-group connection, capacity, collaboration and resilience? How do you ensure both people and wildlife can thrive, even long after this crisis is over? If these question sounds familiar, this is the right session for you!
- Type: Public and private sessions. Fee and reduced cost sessions available.
- Community of Practice networking and support. Are you already a member of our community of practice and crave the support, connection and engagement of CPeace and your fellow CCT practitioners? Do you need a quick check-in to de-stress and re-group during this difficult time? Come join us for one of these deeply connecting sessions!
- Type: Free and reduced cost sessions. CoP members only.
- Strategic guidance in CCT. Are you already a CCT practitioner but you need some specific strategic guidance on the challenge of the day? Schedule a call so we can support your efforts! (Some limited options for non-CCT practitioners may be available as well. Contact us directly to explore options.)
- Type: Private, fee sessions only.
Please get in touch with us through our website: https://cpeace.ngo/contact/ to learn more and see which session might be right for you, your team, and your organization.
Samantha Meysohn <Samantha@cpeace.ngo>
Wednesday, April 22, 2020