Subject: US-International Association Landscape Ecology Foreign Scholar Travel Award
US-IALE 2019 Annual Meeting
Fort Collins, Colorado
April 7-11, 2019
The United States Regional Association of the International Association for Landscape Ecology (US-IALE) supports attendance of landscape ecologists from foreign countries and fosters international exchange about advances in landscape ecology at each annual meeting.
The award recipients will receive US$1,200 at or just after the Annual Meeting. It is the recipients' responsibility to make all transportation arrangements and cover all transportation and lodging costs associated with participating in the meeting.
1. Applicants are NOT eligible if:
- the applicant is a citizen or current resident of the United States or Canada.
- the applicant is a citizen of a G7 country (Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, United Kingdom, United States).
- the applicant (of any nationality) is currently studying in the United States or Canada.
- the applicant (of any nationality) received a Master's or Doctorate at an institution in the United States or Canada.
- they have already been a recipient.
2. Applicants must submit an abstract for a paper or poster presentation at the 2019 conference. You must submit your abstract to the conference organizers by 7 JANUARY 2019. http://www.usiale.org/call-for-presentations.html
1. Scientific merit and application to landscape ecology. We will favor applicants who demonstrate that their research (i) advances the scientific basis of landscape ecology, and/or (ii) the application of landscape ecology for natural resource protection or management.
2. Financial need. Applicants must have demonstrated financial need and show that without FTSA support, they would not be able to attend the Conference. Applicants currently studying or residing in G7 countries must demonstrate the extent to which they have pursued travel funding from their host institution.
3. Professional development. Applicants must demonstrate that attending the US-IALE Conference will represent a significant professional opportunity for developing their expertise in landscape ecology and establishing working relationships with landscape ecologists from other countries. Preference is given to applicants in early career stages.
4. Geographical representation. Selection may be made to maximize the number of countries and regions represented.
5. Clarity of English and expression.
HOW TO APPLY
All application materials must be in English. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. A complete application contains the following:
1. Name, Institution, Email address, Postal Address, Citizenship.
2. Curriculum vitae (maximum 4 pages).
3. Title and abstract of the paper or poster you will present at the Conference. The abstract should also be independently submitted to the conference organizers by 7 JANUARY 2019 at the conference website (http://www.usiale.org/call-for-presentations.html).
4. A summary of your research (750 words maximum) explaining how your research extends the scientific basis or application of landscape ecology (see Selection Criteria listed above).
5. Statement on what you hope to gain professionally from attending the US-IALE Conference (200 words maximum).
6. An explanation (200 words maximum) of why you need financial assistance to attend the conference (see Selection Criteria listed above).
Submit your abstract to the conference organizers by 7 JANUARY 2019 at the conference website (http://www.usiale.org/call-for-presentations.html).
Submit your FSTA application materials by 7 JANUARY 2019 by email to usiale.foreignscholar<AT>gmail.com. Acceptable formats include Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format and Adobe Acrobat (pdf). Please put all materials into a single file with your last name included in the filename (e.g., Vigness_FSTA_2019.pdf). Files will be returned if materials are not combined into a single file.
Awards will be announced on or before 31 January 2019.
U.S. IALE: www.usiale.org
2019 Annual Meeting: http://www.usiale.org/annual-meeting.html
Other questions -- email us at usiale.foreignscholar<AT>gmail.com
U.S. IALE FOREIGN SCHOLAR TRAVEL AWARD COMMITTEE
Members: Anne Kuhn-Hines (Committee Chair, US Environmental Protection Agency), Robert Corry (University of Guelph), Deahn Donner (US Forest Service), Nancy McIntyre (Texas Tech University), Kathy Vigness-Raposa (Marine Acoustics, Inc.) and Tammy Wilson (US National Park Service).
Anne Kuhn <email@example.com>
Wednesday, December 12, 2018