The DC Chapter serves as an invaluable networking venue, bringing practitioners from the huge range of conservation organizations, governmental entities, and academic institutions found in the greater DC area together for discussion groups, regularly scheduled meetings, speaker events, and that honored and time-tested DC networking tradition: the DC Happy Hour. To learn more about upcoming events, please join our listserv or join us on Facebook. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or ideas for events.
- Dec. 4, 2013: SCB Open House - A mixer at SCB headquarters
- Jan. 9, 2014: Smith Fellows Social on the Hill - Lounge 201
- Mar. 27, 2014: Project Passenger Pigeon - A conservation conversation at Koshland Science Museum
- Apr. 29, 2014: Why Biodiversity Matters to the U.S. Government - A panel discussion on how different federal agencies address biodiversity conservation
- Sept. 18, 2014: Paddle Night on the Anacostia River - discovering the Anacostia River by canoe and kayak with the Anacostia Watershed Society. Trip started at the Ballpark Boathouse near Nationals Stadium.
- Oct 22, 2014: Exploring Careers in Conservation – leaders in the conservation field shared stories about their career paths in non-profits and government agencies, followed by Q&A and small group discussions.
- Feb. 2, 2015: Climate Change Policy and Adaptation – lecture and discussion with Doug Parsons, SCB’s North American Policy Director.
- Mar. 25, 2015: Filmmakers for Conservation – a social event to meet filmmakers whose work was featured in the Environmental Film Festival.