SCB 2021 Global Distinguished Service Awards Nominations
The Call for Nominations for 2021 SCB Global Service Awards is open!
Please see below for guidelines on how to submit nominations. The deadline to submit nominations is 15 October 2021.
Award winners will be honored at SCB's 2021 International Congress for Conservation Biology (ICCB 2021) virtually in December.
The following is required to nominate an individual or an institution for a 2021 SCB Service Award:
- 2021 SCB Service Award Nomination Form.
- At least two (and no more than three) letters of support for the individual / institution up for nomination.
Complete and submit the nomination form and letters of support by Friday 15 October 2021.Questions? Please contact SCB Awards Committee Chair Eduardo Gallo Cajiao. Use "SCB Service Awards" in your subject line.
SCB Service Award Types
- Distinguished Service Award: Recognizes individuals, groups or institutions for distinguished service in any field associated with conservation biology and whose work has furthered the mission of SCB. Individuals may also be nominated for the following special categories of Distinguished Service Awards.
- The Edward T. LaRoe III Memorial Award: Given to an individual who has been a leader in translating principles of conservation biology into real-world conservation. Preference is given to employees of government agencies or individuals who have spent at least part of their career in public service. The intention of the award is to recognize the innovative application of science to resource management and policy.
- The Early Career Conservationist Award: Honors achievements in conservation by professionals early in their careers (no more than 10 years since leaving school). SCB does not apply an age criteria in order to enable eligibility for individuals who might have come to conservation as a second career.
- The Conservation Beacon Award: Recognizes women of marginalized and multiply marginalized status that are traditionally under-served within higher education. Inclusive of this group are women of colour, low socioeconomic status, women with disabilities, trans women, first generation women scholars, lesbians and other intersections that result in under-served women in higher education.
SCB 2022 Regional Distinguished Service Awards Nominations
The Call for Nominations for 2022 SCB Regional Service Awards will open late 2021. Award winners will be honored in front of their peers at the SCB Group congresses in 2022.