SCB 2019 Global Distinguished Service Awards Nominations
The Call for Nominations for 2019 SCB Global Service Awards is open!
Please see below for guidelines on how to submit nominations and for the award nominations form. The deadline to submit nominations is 18 January 2019.
Award winners will be honored in front of their peers at the SCB's 2019 International Congress for Conservation Biology (ICCB 2019) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (21-25 July 2019).
The following is required to nominate an individual or an institution for a 2019 SCB Service Award:
- 2019 SCB Service Award Nomination Form.
- At least two (and no more than three) letters of support for the individual / institution up for nomination.
Submitting Your Nomination:
- Please include the name of the nominee and the award type in the subject line of your email (i.e. Juan Pérez - Early Career Conservationist Award Nomination).
- Letters of support may be pasted into your nomination form or submitted separately as PDF or Word files.
- All materials (nomination form and letters of support) should be submitted together, in one email.
Complete and return the nomination form and letters of support to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18 January 2019.Questions? Please contact SCB Awards Committee Chair Eduardo Gallo Cajiao. Use "SCB Service Awards" in your subject line.
SCB Service Award Types
- Distinguished Service Award: Recognizes individuals, groups or institutions for distinguished service in any field associated with conservation biology and whose work has furthered the mission of SCB. Individuals may also be nominated for the following special categories of Distinguished Service Awards.
- The Edward T. LaRoe III Memorial Award: Given to an individual who has been a leader in translating principles of conservation biology into real-world conservation. Preference is given to employees of government agencies or individuals who have spent at least part of their career in public service. The intention of the award is to recognize the innovative application of science to resource management and policy.
- The Early Career Conservationist Award: Honors achievements in conservation by professionals early in their careers (no more than 10 years since leaving school). SCB does not apply an age criteria in order to enable eligibility for individuals who might have come to conservation as a second career.
- The Conservation Beacon Award: Recognizes women of marginalized and multiply marginalized status that are traditionally under-served within higher education. Inclusive of this group are women of colour, low socioeconomic status, women with disabilities, trans women, first generation women scholars, lesbians and other intersections that result in under-served women in higher education.
SCB 2020 Regional Distinguished Service Awards Nominations
The Call for Nominations for 2020 SCB Regional Service Awards will open in November 2019. Award winners will be honored in front of their peers at the SCB Group congresses in 2020.