Get involved in the work of the SCB Marine Section
The SCB Marine Section is currently expanding Marine Section committees, led by board officers. To serve on a committee, you must be a member of the SCB Marine Section. (Ensure you are a member of the Marine Section by logging in to your conbio account. Section membership is listed under My Society Involvement. The option to join a section is located there, as well.)
If you are interested in joining a committee, please contact one of the following board members:
Marine Policy Committee
Policy Committee Members
- Chris Parsons, United States (Marine Board Past-President)
- Leslie Cornick, United States (Marine Board Member at Large)
- Kassandra Cerveny, United States
- Mel Cosentino, United Kingdom (Marine Board Finance Officer)
- Daniele Vila Nova, Brazil
- Kelli Johnson, United States
- Morgan Ivens-Duran, United States
- Anna Zivian, United States
To learn more about the Marine Section Policy Committee, visit the Marine Policy web page.
Marine Science Committee
Thomas Good, Science Officer, United States
Science Committee Members
- Michelle McClure, United States
- Debbie Chamberlain, Australia
- Abdul-Rahman Dirisu, Nigeria
More information on the Science Committee coming soon.
Marine Communications Committee
Edd Hind, Communications Committee Officer, United Kingdom
Communications Committee Members
- Samantha Oester, United States (Marine Board President-Elect)
- Megan Chen, Canada
- Mohamud Ali, Somalia
More information on the Communications Committee coming soon.
Diversity Committee (ad hoc)
More information on the Diversity Committee coming soon. The Diversity Committee will become a permanent committee of the Marine Section upon the next bylaws revision.
Marine Education Committee
Jacob Levenson, Education Officer, United States
More information on the Education Committee coming soon.