Get IMCC5 Announcements
To get IMCC5 announcements sent to your email, join the Society for Conservation Biology Marine Section Listserv! You'll get IMCC5 and SCB Marine content. Instructions for joining the listserv are listed below.
If you need assistance, please email SCB Marine Communications Officer Katie Walters or Meeting Chair Edd Hind-Ozan. Please include your full name and the email address you would like to use for the Marine Section listserv.
Joining the Listserv
Joining the Listserv
It's easy to join a SCB Marine Google Group (listserv), especially if you already have a Google account.
First, visit the Marine Section Google group (or see the group page below).
Then click Join This Group or New Topic.
If you already have a Gmail or Google account, and you are not currently signed in, simply sign in as you would normally for Google or Gmail. Once you sign in, you will have the option to Join the Group.
If you do not have a Gmail or Google account, you will need to create an account. It's easy to create an account (under 5 minutes). To create a Google account, you can use your current email address or you can create a Gmail address.
Creating a Google Account
- Click on Create an Account
- Fill in the fields to create a Google account (NOTE you can use your current email address or you can start a Gmail address).
- After you complete the fields, click Next Step
- You will be asked to verify Your Email Address. This is the last step to creating a Google account. Google sends you an email that includes a link you will need to click to verify your email and finalize your new Google Account. (The email from Google is a "Google Email Verification" message. Follow the link to verify your email address and complete your signup.)
- After you follow the link to verify your email, you now have a Google account, which means you can easily join the Marine Group (Listserv)
- After you created a Google account, you should be on a Google page that shows your name. Click on Next Step
- Click Back to Google Groups
- Click Join this Group
- Once you're in the group, you can adjust your settings to receive messages however you like