SCB Regional Awards
SCB presents Regional Distinguished Service Awards every other year when SCB Groups host regional congresses.
In 2018, SCB Groups presented ten Regional Awards at SCB Group congresses around the world. SCB Groups will present Regional Distinguished Service Awards again in 2020. Look for the call for nominations to be released in November 2019.
Read about the 2018 SCB Regional Service Award winners here.
Specialized Regional Awards given by SCB
Some SCB Working Groups and Sections have special versions of the Distinguished Service Awards. These awards are:
- The Young Women in Conservation Biology (YWCB), presented by the Africa Section of SCB. The YWCB award recognizes the achievements of young women in Africa who advance the discipline of conservation biology on the continent. More information about the award can be found here.
- The SCB European Early Career Award, presented by the Europe Section of SCB. More information about the award and prevoius award winners can be found here.
- The Jairo Mora Sandoval Bravery Award, presented by the Marine Section of SCB. This award is intended to honor conservationists doing respectful, lawful work in the face of possible or realized threats of any kind, anywhere in the world. More information about the award can be found here.
- The Assisi Award, presented by the Religion and Conservation Biology Working Group of SCB. This award acknowledges organizations and individuals whose work demonstrates that faith-based conservation is contributing significantly to the common global effort of conserving life on Earth. More information about the award can be found here.
- The Building Nature’s Brand Award (the Brandy Award), presented by the Conservation Marketing & Engagement Working Group of SCB. This award seeks to honor conservationists (e.g., scientists, practitioners), whose work furthers the mission of SCB—advancing the science and practice of conserving Earth's biological diversity—through the application of marketing tools. More information can be found here.