5th European Congress of Conservation Biology
12th - 15th of June 2018, Jyväskylä, Finland
The theme of ECCB2018 is planetary wellbeing – a concept that captures the wellbeing of people as well as the integrity and sustainability of Earth's ecosystems. ECCB2018 provides a forum to discuss and develop solutions for some of the greatest challenges faced by humanity by bringing together natural and social scientists, practitioners, industry members and government decision-makers.
The city of Jyväskylä is in the heart of the boreal zone, and globally is one of the very few places able to host large congress like ECCB in a truly boreal setting. Jyväskylä is surrounded by boreal forests, peatlands, and lakes with plenty of exotic wildlife. Comfort and safety as well as short distances characterise the city. Most hotels and the conference venue are located within walking distance in the city centre – and all this next to a lake. June marks the start of the Finnish holiday season, so there is a lot to see and experience in addition to the scientific and social program. The midnight sun enables plenty of time for fruitful discussions and debates. Excursions and the social programme will enable you to discover the town as well as the beautiful nature surrounding it.
The conference is organized by the Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, University of Jyväskylä, Finland. For questions about the ECCB2018, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ECCB2018 has come to end and we wish that you had academically awarding and socially enjoyable experience. Thank you for participating and we hope to see again.
- Remember to give us feedback! Your comments will enable us to better plan and execute future conferences and tailor them to meet your needs.
- Stay tuned for concervation biology and follow the conference via live streaming.
- We're streaming all plenary talks.
- Steaming times: Tuesday and Wednesday at 8:30-16:30, Thursday at 8:30-9:30, Friday at 8:30-9:30 and 17:00-19:00
- Watch the video recordings here
- You can download a poster of the conference for distribution here.