Call for pre- and post-congress courses proposals
The Local Committee of ECCB2018 is now soliciting proposals for pre- and post-congress courses. The topic of courses should generally be related to the conference theme and be interesting to a range of conference participants. The courses are supposed to complement the scientific program with a focus on applied skills. Courses should actively engage participants, with any of a range of learning methods, to explore issues in depth in some area of the conference theme. Proposals for the courses are due at the 15th of October 2017. They will be reviewed by the Local Committee of ECCB2018 on the basis of the criteria listed below.
- The title and goal of the proposed course.
- Name and affiliation of the course organizer(s) and teacher(s).
- A short abstract (max. 300 words) outlining the contents of the course and specifying the extent to which your course contributes to the theme of the conference.
- Duration of the course (0.5, 1, 2 days)
- Timing of the course: pre: 9–11 June 2017, post: 16–17 June 2017 and preferred date.
- Minimum and maximum number of participants.
- Specific requirements (i.e. software, etc.)
- Location preference: university campus or Konnevesi biological research station.
- Premises at university campus and Konnevesi Research Station are for free. Please specify if this course will require a participation fee and the reasoning for this fee.
Submitting the proposal
Submit your pre and post congress course proposals by e-mail to María Triviño (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Merja Elo (email@example.com). Remember that proposals are due 15th of October 2017. Please note the course will only take place if the minimum number of participants is reached.