Header image for Covid-19

Coronavirus & IMCC6

We are closely monitoring the developments related to the outbreak of novel coronavirus disease. Currently, there is no change in plans; we encourage everyone to continue with the abstract submission. As the public health emergency related to Coronavirus unfolds, we will share updates with you on this webpage.


February 28, 2020

Based on the latest travel advice by the World Health Organization (WHO), as of now, we have no plans to postpone or cancel IMCC6.

ACTIONS WE ARE TAKING: We are prepared to extend the early bird deadline should uncertainty about coronavirus still exist in late April. We will extend refunds on registration to attendees at no charge should the coronavirus force the SCB Marine Section to cancel the meeting.  

ADVICE FROM US:

  1. Understand the refund policies of accomodation reservations you make for IMCC6; 
  2. Know your airline's refund policy, including whether your airline issues refunds or waives cancellation fees if travel bans are enacted in response to the Coronavirus (i.e. jetBlue has suspended change and cancellation fees for new bookings made between 27 February and 11 March 2020 for travel through to 1 June 2020) and explore options for insurance for your airline ticket.
  3. Plan on having a safe and fun time at IMCC6

NEXT STEPS: the SCB Marine Section will monitor the situation and communicate our plans as coronavirus developments unfold. We will follow recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and national and local policies of German governments.