Registration, Fees, and Deadlines
The ICCB Early Bird Registration Deadline has been extended until 2 May! Register by the extended deadline to get the best rate and to guarantee that your abstract is included in the Scientific Program.
Internet Explorer works best with the ICCB Registration System. If possible, please complete your registration using
Please note that this is the first time that SCB has utilized an in-house Abstract Management and ICCB Registration system. We're trying our best to address oddities and glitches as they arise. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Attention Presenters and Organizers: You must register by the early bird deadline to guarantee that your abstract is included in the ICCB program. If you do not register by this date you forfeit your opportunity to present at the Congress. This policy does not apply to co-authors, whose registrations do not impact the inclusion of accepted presentations.
- Registration Rates
- Important Registration Tips
- Early Bird Registration and Grant Proposals
- Hardship Cases
- Exhibit Hall Pass / Accompanying Guest
- Press Pass
- Carbon Offset
- Cancellation Policy
All registration fees are in US dollars (USD). Non-members, to determine if you qualify for reduced registration rates, please consult SCB Developing Country List and the UNESCO List of Small Islands Developing States (SIDS). Not a member of SCB? Join the Society to receive significant discounts on your registration (and enjoy other member benefits).
|SCB Members||Registration Type||Price|
|Developed Country||Early Bird||$450|
|Developing Country & SIDS||Early Bird||$225|
|Non Members||Registration Type||Price|
|Developed Country||Early Bird||$590|
|Developing Country & SIDS||Early Bird||$345|
Important Registration Tips
The registration system is divided into four parts: Registration Options (select your attendee type); Questions; Program (add-ons like short courses, closing ceremony, etc); and Checkout.
- Preferred Registration Browser: Internet Explorer works best with the ICCB Registration System. If possible, please complete your registration using Internet Exlporer.
- Registration Options: Upon log in you will be presented with member or non member rates. Select the attendee option that fits your profile (student, professional from a developed country, professional from a developing country). You may register for the Full Conference or purchase a Day Pass. Be careful to differentiate between the two options.
- Questions (Demographic / Logistical): You do not have to answer every question in this section, but to have a successful checkout you must answer every question that is marked with a red asterisk. Important: Be sure to click on the "Save Responses" button upon completion of this section.
- Program Options: Be sure to click the "Add" button for each program item you select. The system will refresh with every new item you add to your cart. Please be patient. Important: If you add a Congress t-shirt to your cart you must select a t-shirt size. If you do not select a size, the system will not allow you to check out.
- Checkout: Your Checkout Page will not itemize your purchases. Rather, you will be presented with a "Transaction Grand Total." However, after you submit your payment you will land on a confirmation page that lists all purchased items (though just one total cost). If you want to track your expenses as you build your cart, please note the cost of each item as you move through the system. Important: The system will not allow you to submit your order if you failed to answer a required field. You will receive an error message that instructs you to "click the event link to correct this problem before checking out." There is no event link to click. Rather, use the back button on your browser.
Early Bird Registration and Grants: If you are waiting on results of a grant proposal and thus cannot make the Early Bird Registration deadline (2 May), please email ICCB Registration as soon as possible and before the Early Bird Deadline. Your email should detail why you cannot make the deadline and when you expect to hear from the organization you've applied to for a grant.
Hardship Cases: Members of indigenous communities and unemployed participants might qualify for a discounted registration rate. To express interest, please email ICCB Registration. Your email should detail why you are requesting a special rate to attend ICCB.
Exhibit Hall Pass only/Accompanying Guest: Perfect for networking opportunities or accompanying guest! This pass provides LIMITED access to the congress venue (ground floor) and amenities (available for purchase online only). The fee for one day pass is $45 and for the full congress is $180. Pass holders may not participate in the following scientific sessions: opening/closing ceremonies, breakout sessions or plenaries. A guest ticket for the closing ceremony can be purchased separately.
Press Pass: Editors, TV/radio/written press reporters and broadcast/Internet reporters/bloggers from verified media outlets will receive free editorial press badges. More information will be available soon!
Offset Your Travel to ICCB: Since 2007, SCB has contributed to a carbon offset project in order to offset greenhouse gas emissions due to ICCB meetings. All congress registrations include a contribution to the carbon offset project (opt-out available upon registration). The contribution for developed country professionals is $28. The contribution for students and professionals from developing country professionals and Small Islands States is $5.
For the first time, SCB will work to make ICCB 2017 a fully sustainable congress. With the help of Guy Bigwood, MCI Group Sustainability Director, SCB wishes to be leading the sustainable conference effort. We are setting new standards in Sustainable Conference. Join us!
Cancellation Policy: cancellation must be received in writing via email to ICCB Registration. A processing fee of $50 will be charged for cancellations received on or before 20 June 2017. No refunds will be issued for no-shows. Refund requests will not be accepted after 20 June 2017. Allow up to three weeks for refunds to be processed. People with special circumstances should email ICCB Registration detailing why they cannot make it to the congress. Not all requests will be granted. Substitutions for attendees are accepted at any time, please email ICCB Registration for more details.
Please note that if you are encountering difficulties with online registration or online payment, you may still register for ICCB by completing ICCB Registration Form. Complete and return the form via email to ICCB Registration. Please be sure that your subject line reads "ICCB Registration".