Many individuals wish to leave bequests to non-profit 501-C-3 Organizations that focus on issues near to their heart. If you aspire to assure that your commitment to advancing conservation science is realized in the future and becomes part of your personal legacy, please consider including SCB in your estate planning. The SCB Legacy Program provides many simple and flexible options for you to make a lasting and meaningful impact.
Some options include:
- Bequeathing a set amount or a percentage of your estate that is restricted to specific SCB programs.
- Initiating an endowment fund to support SCB operations or specific SCB Programs.
- Naming SCB as a beneficiary of your pension plan, IRA or retirement plan.
- If you have a life insurance policy that is no longer needed for its original purpose, you can use it to support SCB and may be able to receive a tax deduction for its value.
- Donating appreciated securities to SCB, which may allow you to avoid capital gains taxes and receive income tax deductions.
Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) is a non-profit organization (Taxpayer ID #33-0147824) with tax-exempt status granted under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. There are a number of tax-advantaged giving opportunities available that enable you to help SCB while maximizing the deductions available to you for your contribution. Please consult your tax advisor.