CREA. From the Latin creare which means to CREATE.
You don´t have to be an artist to participate!!!!!
Create new forms to communicate and spread your research to wider audiences. In a more connected world we need to explore and expand the ways we tell our story. Go beyond your comfort zone, think outside the box and participate in the CREA contest at the 29th International Congress for Conservation Biology (ICCB 2019) by presenting your research in a creative, non-traditional way.
What can you bring?
Dance, costume design, visual arts, song, poem, play, video, storytelling, art, all forms are welcome!
- Spread your scientific research to wider audiences
- Inspire others to communicate in innovative ways
- Influence people to take decisions towards conservation
- To showcase your research to your peers, potential funders and inspire younger students.
- To strengthen your communication skills.
- To explore how to integrate conservation with other disciplines.
- To win a year membership to the Society for Conservation Biology.
- Announcement of contest: April 1, 2019
- Deadline to send proposal: May 31, 2019 by 5:00 pm GMT
- Announcement of selected proposals: May 11, 2019
- Contest: ICCB
Who can participate:
Grad students of any nationality conducting research on conservation biology and attending the ICCB Congress (students presenting a talk or a poster are NOT excluded from this contest).
How to participate:
Send your proposal in pdf format in English naming it with your surname and participation mode (eg. Ramirez_video.pdf) to email@example.com.
The proposal should include:
- Name of participant(s)
- Program and University
- Title of proposal
- E-mail of primary contact
- Language of presentation (English)
- Three short abstracts:
- Scientific research: Describe your research including topic, goals, stage of research, methodology expected results (600 characters maximum).
- Creative proposal: Describe how you plan to present your research, what technique you will use. Explain the details (600 characters maximum).
- Performing: Describe the elements you will need to present your idea during the congress (sound, projector, computer) (600 characters). Video presentations should last no more than 3 minutes. All other presentations / performing activities should be 5 minutes (If you need a few more minutes for your presentation you should let us know in the abstract. Note, it is important to be able to complete your presentation in the given time).
Projects will be selected based on the aggregate of three scores: scientific merit, artistic merit, and creative combination of the conservation science and art. Thus, the best representations not only insightfully reveal the scientific and conservation content of their project and show artistry to create a compelling spectacle, but also creatively combine and successfully execute all these aspects.
Terms and conditions:
- By submitting any proposal to the Contest, participants hereby represent and warrant that the information will not and shall not infringe on any copyright or other right of any third party.
- Information provided to enter the Contest will not be sold to third parties but may be shared as may be necessary for the purposes of conducting and judging the Contest and awarding prizes.
- By submitting any proposal to the Contest, the entrant acknowledges and agrees that any content submitted may be made available for viewing, and comment on by the public, and understands that comments with which the entrant disagrees or is unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any submission. Entrants hereby waive any privacy expectations that they may have with respect to any video submitted to the Contest.
- Acceptance of a prize constitutes the prize winner’s permission for Sponsor to use prize winner’s name and likeness for advertising and/or promotional purposes worldwide and in all forms of media in perpetuity without further compensation or authorization.
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Site, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or who otherwise takes actions that do or are intended to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest.
- Sponsor also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry containing any obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate comments or other matter.