Students and Early Career Professionals at ICCB 2019
ICCB 2019 presents a rare opportunity for SCB student members, and early career professionals, to attend and even present their work at this prestigious conservation Congress. With more than 2,000 of the world's premier academics, educators, students, scientists, agency personnel, practitioners, and researchers in attendance, ICCB is recognized as THE most important international meeting for early career conservation professionals like yourself.
The ICCB schedule is filled with rich programming that is tailor-made to help where students like yourself learn the latest in conservation challenges, approaches, and successes and expand your professional connections. These include:
- The ability to choose between close to 1,500 talks and poster sessions;
- Training sessions, short courses, workshops and roundtables;
- Career night event for students and early-career professionals;
- Amazing networking events;
- 1st time delegate mentoring;
- Field trips; and
- Much more!
So, what can you do now to prepare for ICCB 2019?
- Register for ICCB 2019 before the Early Bird Deadline of 25 April at 18:00 CET to secure our discounted SCB Student Member rates.
- Attend Career Night where you can participate in mock interviews, have your resume reviewed, have a professional headshot photo taken, and meet with organizations and universities during the job fair.
- Participate in the ICCB Mentor Match program that brings together first-time attendees with experienced conference delegates who provide guidance on how to efficiently navigate the congress and network with your peers from around the world.
- We just launched our final call for oral presentations, speed talks, and poster abstracts, so now is the perfect time for you to submit.
- If presenting, submit your abstract in the Best Student Presentation Competition to compete with other student presenters.
We hope to see you in Kuala Lumpur this July!