SCB Asia Student Travel Award Submission
DEADLINE EXTENDED until 13 May 2019
The SCB Asia is pleased to provide funds for travel support to a limited number of students to present at the upcoming 29th International Congress for Conservation Biology (ICCB 2019) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 21-25 July 2019.
Please read the following instructions before you fill out the application here to make sure you fulfill the application requirements and can have all materials ready before attempting to fill out the form.
Application closes: 13 May 2019
Notification of acceptance: 20 May 2019
- You should be a student
- You should be a member of the SCB Asia
- You should be the presenter of an abstract at ICCB (co-authors who are not presenting will not be funded)
Application materials (please have these ready before you try to fill out the online form):
- A copy of your abstract that has been accepted or submitted to ICCB.
- A statement (less than 2000 characters, or ~300 words ) of travel needs addressing the (a) novelty of your research (b) significance of your research to Asia, and (c) your financial requirement (in less than 2000 characters, or 300 words)
- A letter of recommendation from your adviser (scanned or pdf copy).
- A tentative breakdown of the travel budget.
Since funds are limited, applications will be ranked by the novelty and relevance of the abstract to the conference and to Asia, and with a demonstrated and justified need for financial assistance. We will also try to balance between applicants at different levels of their career.
In case of additional questions, please email me at email@example.com