SCB 2018 Service Awards Nominations
Do you know someone who deserves recognition for a special achievement in conservation or for significant contributions to the field of conservation biology? Honor their commitment to conservation by nominating them for a 2018 SCB Service Award!
- Service Award Types
- Nominations Form (English)
- Nominations Form (em português)
- SCB Awards Committee Representatives
Nine SCB Groups will present awards in 2018 at SCB congresses:
- North America Section to present LaRoe Award at NACCB in Toronto, Canada
- Oceania Section to present a Distinguished Service Award (DSA) at OCCB in Wellington, New Zealand
- LACA Section to present DSA at LACCCB in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Europe Section to present a DSA named after Ilkka Hanski at ECCB in Jyväskylä, Finland
- Asia Section to present a DSA award at Conservation Asia 2018 in Biskek, Kyrgyz Republic
- Marine Section to present an Early Career Conservationist award at IMCC5 in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
- Social Science and Conservation Genetic Working Groups to present Early Career Conservationist awards at NACCB.
- Conservation Marketing & Engagement Working Group (ConsMark) to present its Distinguished Service Award known as the Building Nature's Brand Award (the Brandy Award) at the ConsMark meeting in Arlington, Virginia, USA in October.
Please note that current SCB board members (including Section and Working Group boards) are not eligible for DSA awards.
- Distinguished Service Award: Recognizes individuals, groups or institutions for distinguished service in any field associated with conservation biology and whose work has furthered the mission of SCB. Individuals may also be nominated for the following special categories of Distinguished Service Awards.
- The Edward T. LaRoe III Memorial Award: Given to an individual who has been a leader in translating principles of conservation biology into real-world conservation. Preference is given to employees of government agencies or individuals who have spent at least part of their career in public service. The intention of the award is to recognize the innovative application of science to resource management and policy.
- The Early Career Conservationist Award: Honors achievements in conservation by professionals early in their careers (no more than 10 years since leaving school). SCB does not apply an age criteria in order to enable eligibility for individuals who might have come to conservation as a second career.
- The Conservation Beacon Award: Recognizes women of marginalized and multiply marginalized status that are traditionally under-served within higher education. Inclusive of this group are women of colour, low socioeconomic status, women with disabilities, trans women, first generation women scholars, lesbians and other intersections that result in under-served women in higher education.
We welcome any interested member of the Society to join the SCB Awards Committee. For more information, contact the Awards Committee or Committee Chair Carolyn Lundquist.
|LACA||Eduardo Gallo Cajiao|
|Marine||Sophia N Wassermann|
|North America||Jamie Hogberg / Karen Beard / Sarah Klain|
|Religion & Conservation Biology||Giulia Sajeva|
|Social Sciences||Shonil Bhagwat|
|Conservation Genetics||Soraia Barbosa|
|Conservation Marketing||Brooke Sadowsky|
|All Others||Carolyn Lundquist|