Brandy Award – Call for Nominations
To recognize unique contributions made in using marketing tools to increase public engagement and achieve conservation goals, ConsMark has created the “Building Nature’s Brand Award”—The Brandy. The award seeks to honor conservationists (e.g., scientists, practitioners), whose work furthers the mission of SCB—advancing the science and practice of conserving Earth's biological diversity—through the application of marketing tools.
The award will be given to one or more individuals for a single conservation action or for an entire body of work (i.e., a series of linked contributions). Winners will be decided by the ConsMark Award Committee, based on the following criteria:
- Significant contribution to conservation and public engagement with special focus on efforts that use the basic concepts and tools of marketing
- Contributions to the advancement and support of conservation marketing
- A track record of successfully developing and applying conservation marketing concepts to engagement
- Successes achieved through innovation and unconventional collaborations
- A professional conduct guided by inclusivity, diversity and respect
Angelique Hjarding is the winner of the first ever ConsMark Building Nature's Brand Award. Angelique received The Brandy Award at the Society's 2016 North America Congress for Conservation Biology (NACCB 2016) in July 2016 in Madison, Wisconsin, USA.
ConsMark will release details on the next Brandy Award in 2017.