SCB Europe Section focuses on the conservation of biodiversity in Europe and the EU.
The SCB Europe Section is a network of professionals working for the conservation of biodiversity with a special interest in European issues.
The Europe Section was formed to promote conservation biology and its application to conserve biological diversity in Europe. The principal goals of the Section are:
- To increase awareness and understanding of European conservation issues.
- To strengthen conservation biology research and its application in Europe .
- To advocate for biological diversity and willingly offer and promote the role of scientific review in assessment of conservation strategies.
- To develop, promote and facilitate networks of communication and collaboration among Society members, and other researchers, managers, government agencies and non-governmental organizations in Europe and throughout the world.
SCB Europe has:
- an international Board of 10 members;
- five standing committees: Communication, Education, Membership and Policy; a Mediterranean Ad Hoc Committee and an increasing number of new Chapters.
- There are over 500 European Section members (February 2016), representing 28 countries from all over Europe.
Make a difference in conservation and give back to your conservation community by nominating yourself or encouraging someone else to serve as the SCB Europe President!
Learn more: http://ow.ly/nZce50yHapD