ConsTech WG Objectives
The objectives of the ConsTech WG are to:
- Lead the conversation about what we want technology to do for conservation.
- Promote networking and coordinate activities between different players (conservationists, technologists, the data-modelling community, and the different online platforms that deal with conservation technology), to grasp opportunities, create synergies and reduce duplication of efforts.
- Engage the wider community about the WG’s work at the interface of conservation and technology.
- Evaluate threats and opportunities that emerging and future technologies bring to conservation.
- Promote the uptake (and appropriate, efficient use) of conservation technology, current and future.
- Drive, accelerate and help coordinate the development of technology solutions for conservation, promoting their affordability and sustainability.
- In particular, do this by promoting collaborative development of open source technology.